During January, we hosted a contest for promoting the Kivy framework. The goal was simple: create a game using Kivy, without external non-pure python dependencies. All the entries have been submitted on our sponsor Github (and thanks to NotionInk), under a compatible OSS licence. The contest registered 21 entries, and 11 submissions was valid.
Our winners are:
- Deflectouch, from Cyril Stoller
- FishLife, from Zogg
- memoryKivy, from Niavlys
- Centripetal, from Dilon Cower
- Flingy, from Andy Wilson
In term of numbers, everything is growing:
- 19919 unique visitors for the website (vs 9772 in December)
- +56 subscribers on the mailing list (192 in total)
- 229 messages on kivy-users (vs 94 in December)
- 23 pull requests (vs 6 in December)
That was a great event so far, with a perfect timing: Kivy have now 1 year old! (first release was 1st February 2011).
If you like my work, tip me!