Over my journey, i made and contributed to many open source projects which are mostly on my Github page.
But life can be full of surprises. I’ll present some which i have a deep relation to it.
This project may be the best accomplishment which i am the most proud of. It is a Python UI framework that have been started under the name of PyMT with Thomas Hansen.
After 2 years, we started rewriting the code to support new multitouch paradigm, support mobile platform, and made a language called KV for building dynamic UI in Python.
It was followed by the creation of many sisters projects that i started:
- PyJNIUS to call Java function from Python
- Python for android for compiling and packaging a Python application for Android x86 and ARM
- PyOBJUS to call Objective C from Python
- Kivy-IOS for compiling and packaging a Python application as an iOS
- Buildozer for automating application building on Android and iOS
- And many more
With Kivy, i have been able to bootstrap my professional life, and do a lot of applications for museums, private companies… While i am no longer driving it, the awesome community is keeping everything alive. Many kuddos to them !
Movid was Modular Open Vision Interaction Daemon.
It started as a need to detect touch and object on various configuration, mainly related to live music. All C++, node are created and linked live, and each node could have its execution off in its own thread.
I got a lot of fun writing it, and playing with OpenCV.
But after a while, i wanted to display stuff on my multitouch screen… and ended up joining PyMT / Kivy.
And many more
- Kivy Berkelium – Kivy extension to provide a Berkelium widget (Web Browser based on Chromium)
- Audiostream – Python extension to stream Raw audio to speakers, from a Python callback, or from libPD.
- Cymunk – Cython port of PyMunk, to remove ctype dependency, and be able to use it on Android
- P4A Cloud Builder – Master/slave architecture to provide build APK remotely. Used for android.kivy.org – become Hanga.io for a moment but never did the pricing part.
- Check my Github account for a full list.